1. This content is our work, so don’t steal it. If you want to use it, just ask us for our permission. Oh, and don't steal our logo, we rather like it.
2. If we use a trademarked name, we’re using it as editors and to your benefit.
3. If you’re posting in our comment or discussion section, don’t attack anyone, be polite, and generally be a good person. If you’re not nice, we may delete your posting. People's posts don't represent our beliefs, so don't yell at us.
4. If you’re younger than 13 years of age, you need your parent’s permission to view and interact with this site. Don't sign up for our emails without a parent's permission if you're under 13.
5. If the comments or discussion posts get too shady towards other people involved in the comment section/discussion, we reserve the right to delete them.
6. If you submit a piece to us, you're also stating that you're okay with us editing it for grammar and clarity, and that it's okay that we post it on Apple News, Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook. You're telling us that you're allowed to post this article, that it's not plagiarized or violating copyright laws, and you're telling us that if you say anything too shady, it's on you, not us; we don't have to pay for your lawyer. Your opinion piece is signed in your name.
(below is the lawyer-y version)
1. No part of these works may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical or otherwise except as permitted under Sections 107 or 108 of the United States Copyright Act of 1976, without the prior written permission of the Publisher. This includes the logo and all written works. Requests to the Publisher for the permission should be emailed to email@example.com.
2. Trademarks are used throughout these works. Rather than put the trademark symbol next to every occurrence of a trademark name, we state that we are using the names in an editorial fashion and to the benefit of the trademark owner without any intention of infringement.
3. In no way are comments, Opinion articles or discussions meant to represent the views or beliefs of any other person. Each person’s opinion is unique and represents the opinion of that writer. Any opinions expressed by any contributor, whether editorial or public, does not reflect the views of the editors.
4. You must be 13 years or older to subscribe to our services.
5. Comments, Opinion articles, or discussion postings are not reviewed as a matter of course. In the event of a complaint, comments or discussion postings may be reviewed at the sole discretion of the editors. If a post, in the sole opinion of the editors, are determined to be abusive, libelous, off-topic, using inappropriate or indecent language, we reserve the right to remove, edit, or otherwise make inaccessible any post or part thereof.
6. When you submit an Opinion article, you are consenting to its display on the site and publication via other outlets. Cored News reserves the right to edit your piece for grammatical clarity. You agree to publish said work(s) under your name alone, and will not otherwise impersonate another individual or use a pseudonym. You warrant that any work you may submit is not in violation of the rights of any third party, that you are over the age of 13, and that it does not contain any unlawful, or otherwise slanderous material. You hold harmless Cored News from any and all liability incurred by your breach of these Terms.
What kind of information do we collect?
Cored News collects your email address with our subscription service so we can send you a weekly email update. We do not resell or distribute this email in way. We do not use this email in any way except to send you this weekly update.
The commenting feature is built in so you can log in with a social media account or email, but we do not have access to any of that information. If you only use your name to comment, we will see your name, and it will be displayed in association with your comment. We will do nothing with your name. If you use both your name and email both will appear associated with your comment, but again we will do nothing with them. If you login with Google+, Twitter, Squarespace, or Facebook, you are agreeing to their Terms, and we do not have any access to information you have previously provided with them.
The discussion forum is a third party service, and when you discuss on the forum you are also agreeing to their terms of service. They also do not sell or distribute your information in any way.
We collect your name if you submit an Opinion piece. This name is purely collected to attribute the work(s) published to you. Your name will appear associated with the piece you submit on our site, on Apple News, or on Twitter, Tumblr, and Facebook.